Propa-Gator: Modular Record/Request Creationby DarrenBurgess
Propa-Gator allows for creation of new records and requests. The goal was to create a module that accomplished the following:
- Create a record or request on a target layout and set any number of fields in that record to any desired value (calc, literal, field)
- Allows data values to have paragraph returns
- Immune to field renaming
- No required dependencies
- Traps and returns various errors
- Returns the ID of the created record
- Allows for specification of refresh type using a refresh subscript (NEW with version 1.0.2)
- Related record creation
- Log record creation
- Flat record normalization
- Record creation from global UI inputs
- Scripted find request creation
Anyone may do anything with this software. There is no warranty.
There is a blog post documenting and describing the script parameter technique for this module at www.MightyData.com.
05-07-2013: version 1.0.1 – added ability to include paragraph returns in data values. See internal documentation for syntax.
Download Propa-Gator V 1.0.1.fmp12
Download Propa-Gator V 1.0.2.fmp12
Download Propa-Gator V 1.0.3.fmp12