JSONby Daniel Smith
Provides native support for JSON in FileMaker. It will parse JSON encoded text into a format that can easily be read via custom functions. It will also convert text encoded by custom functions into JSON.
#Parameters is highly recommended, although the JSON: READ ME script lists the exact custom functions required/recommended.
- The concept for this module was proposed by Todd Geist.
- The logic for JSON to FM conversion was copied as closely as possible from Douglas Crockford.
- JSON to FM: Extract data from JSON.
- FM to JSON: Create JSON from LetNotation, which is created via Custom Functions.
Detailed version notes can be found in a script in the module, or on GitHub. I will also summarize changes here:
- bug fix: encode unicode control characters
- parse quoted number as string instead of array
- update embedded # ( name ; value ) and #List ( value ) functions in JSON-FM
- update # ( name ; value ) and #List ( value ) custom functions
- fix handling of a decimal less than zero, when creating JSON
- accommodate old version of # ( name ; value ) function that encoded numbers with GetAsNumber function
- fix handling of Char(10)
- initial release
or view it on GitHub
View the “JSON: READ ME” script in the JSON module folder for integration or upgrade instructions.