Accounts: Modular User Account Managementby DarrenBurgess
Accounts allows for management of user accounts:
- Reset Password
- Change Privilege Set
- Configurable settings
- Email User “Welcome” Email (including option to send a launcher file – launcher file sold separately 😉
- Robust error trapping
- Function success/error dialogs
- Works with single or multi-file solutions where the privilege sets and accounts are the same in every file (although files can be excluded)
- Includes basic UI for Account management
- Uses standard Modular FileMaker methods for passing and parsing parameters.
- All buttons and script calls include commented out parameters using # functions. Scripts can optionally use # functions.
Error Trapping Notes
- Before creation of a new account, the selected Privilege set is validated. Creation is allowed if privilege set is valid.
- When deleting an account, if the delete fails because the account does not exist in one or more files, then user is still given option to delete the Account record in the account table.
- When changing account status or resetting a password for an account, the account is created silently if it does not exist in one or more files.
Standard MIT license.
Version 2.0 included a major overhaul to simplify integration and massively improve documentation.
Versions 2.01 – 2.04 added new functionality, documentation improvements and integration simplification.
Download Version 2.05 (from github). This version just updated copyrights and license
Integration instructions are on GitHub.